Site terms and conditions
Conditions of use of the Rio Tinto web site
All information on this website is provided for information only.
Rio Tinto has made reasonable efforts to ensure that information provided on Rio Tinto's website on the internet is accurate at the time of inclusion. However, there may be inadvertent and occasional errors for which Rio Tinto apologises.
Rio Tinto makes no representations or warranties of any kind about the information provided on its website or via hypertext links or any other item used either directly or indirectly from Rio Tinto's website and reserves the right to make changes and corrections at any time, without notice. By accessing this website, you agree that Rio Tinto will not be liable for any inaccuracies or omissions or any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages or losses, or any other damages or losses of whatsoever kind resulting from whatever cause through the use of any information obtained either directly or indirectly from or through Rio Tinto's website and any decisions based on such information are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
No information contained in Rio Tinto's website constitutes or shall be deemed to constitute an invitation or inducement to invest or otherwise deal in the shares or any other securities of Rio Tinto plc, Rio Tinto Limited, any other member of the Rio Tinto Group, any other person, or to engage in any investment activity, and must not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision.
The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law.
Directors' statement in relation to financial information published on the Rio Tinto website
The maintenance and integrity of the Rio Tinto website is the responsibility of the directors; the work carried out by the auditors does not involve consideration of these matters and, accordingly, the auditors accept no responsibility for any changes that may have occurred to the financial statements (including the half-year results) since they were initially presented on the website.
Legislation in the United Kingdom governing the preparation and dissemination of financial statements may differ from legislation in other jurisdictions.
All $ values refer to US dollars unless stated otherwise. Ownership Where Rio Tinto is not the sole owner of a company, the percentage interest is shown. For convenience, the expression Rio Tinto is used to describe both Rio Tinto plc and Rio Tinto Limited and companies within the Group, even though these companies are separate, independently managed entities.
Third party links
This website contains links to information hosted on other Internet sites, which are maintained by third parties. Rio Tinto is not responsible for any content that is being provided by others
Private Site - Confidentiality Charter
In addition to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy and Cookies statements available on each page of the AP Technology™ website, by entering into this access controlled portion of AP Technology™ website (the “Extranet”), you expressly acknowledge and agree that:
- All information made available to you on the Extranet is confidential and cannot be shared with or disclosed to anyone without the prior written consent of AP
- No commercially sensitive information may be disclosed or implied using this Extranet
- The information you post in the Extranet will be shown together with your personal details (full name, title, professional phone number and email address);
- AP may, at its sole option, delete or withdraw any information posted in this Extranet without prior notice to the person having posted it
- Use of this Extranet is governed by Rio Tinto code of conduct “The Way We Work” as well as all other applicable policies that are available on http://www.riotinto.com/aboutus/policies-standards-and-guidance-5243.aspx
- Your ID and password are personal and that you should not allow others to access the Extranet using them and that you should take all reasonable actions to keep them confidential
- AP may at any time and without prior notice terminate your access to this Extranet if you fail to comply with any of the above rules; and
- You will immediately inform AP if you change position within your company or you employment with your current company is terminated whatever the reason thereof.
In accordance with Rio Tinto Privacy Statement, you have a right to seek access to the personnal data that AP holds about you (subject to some exceptions under applicable Privacy Laws). You also have the right to ask us to update or correct your personnal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, and in some instances, you can request that we cease to process your personnal data (for example, if the processing causes you damage or distress). If you wish to exercise these rights, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org as provided for in Rio Tinto Privacy Statement.